Video Files on Forum ×

midi

klavijatura13

hi...

I dont know much about midi so basicly my question is - is it possible to conect (via midi) an extra keyboard to the mzx500 and use this one only to play just the drawbar organ sound from the mzx500 (left output f.ex) and to play two  other different sounds (split) on the mzx500 keyboard (right output f.ex) at the same time? thanks for the answer :)

Theoretically, you might be able to do that.  You could put drawbar organ in upper 1, pan the tone left and turn off the upper 1 zone, but leave the mixer part ON for upper 1.  That way the sound engine will still respond to incoming MIDI data on port A channel 1, but the keys on the MZ-X won't trigger the organ tone.  You could then turn on split and use upper 2 and lower 1 for the locally controlled sounds, panning those right using the mixer.  Keep in mind that effects sometimes won't pan, so you may have to turn off those.  I haven't tried any of this, but it seems technically possible. 

• Thanks 1