Video Files on Forum ×

Buzzing Keys on Privia 850

I've seen a few online threads about buzzing keys on these forums, but no clear solutions. Some have suggested that it's just a loose cabinet screw somewhere, but I'm fairly certain that this is NOT the case with mine. 

Long story short, there are several keys that produce an electric-sounding buzz, typically a millisecond or so after the note is played (that is, you hear the note clearly for a split second, then the buzzing occurs on top of it).

I'm certain it's not the cabinet as it occurs through headphones as well as through the built-in speaker. (Right ear only). 

This occurs when in concert piano mode and modern piano mode... but NOT in electric piano mode. Happens at any volume...

Thoughts?  Solutions?

Piano buz.m4a

Edited by bill mac
Attached sound sample

Attached a sound file above. You'll hear that if I hit the key softly, it doesn't always buzz. Also, if I hold the key down, the buzz eventually abruptly ends. 

This was recorded through my headphones, so it's not the piano's speaker... though it sounds identical that way.