Video Files on Forum ×

Joes Section

Joes Section

View File

With renewed interest in my XW-P1, and after working at hex layers with the PX560-I decided to recreate-a bit old-school stylistically-a hex layer for the XW-P1 which is similar to one I have uploaded here for the PX560 already, which I divided up into zones and with slightly different instrumentation. This is a little different, the drawbars/sliders are so handy on the XW-I have programmed a trad jazz section of instruments-all layered together across the entire keyboard to be brought in and out with the drawbars. Nothing fancy as far as dynamic control from the keys-just straight through the drawbars. 1-6 are 1) flute, 2) mute trumpet, 3) alto sax, 4) acoustic piano, 5) breathy sax and 6) tremolo vibes. Sure wish I could midi the PX560 to the XW and use the XW drawbars to control levels in the PX560 hex layers-but as hard as i have studied, I do not think it is possible. There are no specific cc messages to control the hex layer dynamics in the PX560. Would be very cool if anybody AlenK maybe? Brad? Mike Martin? Would be a killer feature......maybe, somebody?? Japan-firmware update?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The PX-560 does support MIDI control of the levels of the layers in a Hex Layer tone by way of NRPN commands. The problem is, I know of no way to program the XW-P1's sliders to issue the required NRPN commands.

OTOH, when playing a drawbar-organ tone on the XW-P1 using the Drawbar-Organ engine, the sliders do apparently send out unique CC commands with values in nine steps through the range of the drawbars. But alas, the PX-560 won't respond properly to those. You would have to have something in-between that can translate those CC commands into the appropriate NRPN commands. IDK if something with that capability exists but even if it did, it's probably not worth the trouble.