Video Files on Forum ×

Headphones stop working on CTK-4400

As the title says, headphones that works perfectly´doesn't work at all on my CTK-4400

Sound comes from speakers, regardless of whether the headphones are connected or not, without any sound in them at any time, neither fully connected nor slightly pulling them out.

Is there a simple solution, or something is definitely broken? The keyboard is out of warranty.

As my keyboard skills are still at the almost beginner level, I'd like to avoid the suffering to the ears of my family, while I am isolated in my room after testing positive on Covid-19, although always with mild symptoms, fortunately.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Brad, thanks for answering.

Nope, the connector base in the keyboard seems firm when the plug is connected.

Although I just registered with this username, I was actually a member for two years of this and other Casio forums and keyboards in general, but I forgot the username. Anyway, I remembered a similar case that did have a solution, although a bit tricky, but I can't find anything now.

José Antonio

Thanks Brad and Ian for your help.

Brad, I did what you said, but if that were the problem, the speakers would be silent when headphones were connected, and in this case, they always sound, regardless if headphones are connected or not, so that didn't work, like I was afraid.

And Ian, seems you're right and it's definitely a hardware issue, something that only opening the board could be fixed. Wold be easy to open the board myself to take a look? I would do it in some days, after isolation ends.

To discard some weird software issue, I even did a reset to default settings, I didn't have any group of settings saved and in fact, I wanted to get rid off of some changes that didn't know how to revert, but the problem with the headphones remains.

Thanks again.