Video Files on Forum ×

Arpeggio And Key-Follow

XW-Addict

The arpeggio has shown me more stuff lately I didn't knew it could do. 

I actually wanted to share delving deeper in it. 

but first a wish for expanding it more.

Wanted the arpeggio to start playing at a fixed key point, When I press all the key's. Like when I play a 

C major with it wherever i press a key that C major is always played with the arpeggio. 

just like how phrase sequencer uses [fix] and but I could do it by recording an arpeggio pattern in a

phrase that doesn't do the dynamic of the arpeggio any good so I rather not. Its possible to trigger it

from a key and select a key range to a fixed key also a solution if the stage renamed to C2 Blazingpad 

it will work. ( so I hope an advanced arpeggio in the future). 

But that doesn't leave us hanging much what the arpeggio can do I've found a limit with the drum edit 

however it go's deep it doesn't have key-follow that a shame that function alone is a power tool. 

And that brings me to the arpeggio, The arpeggio pattern can be silenced either from low or high. 

So when you have a sound with hex-layer and either heighten  key-follow or the set it lower it silence 

the notes up or lower from where it start. It doesn't completely silence notes it actually depends how far 

key-follow is increased or decreased. 

The next hex-layer project  to make is within a hexlayer sounds to build cascading key-follow to see 

how that will affect the soundscape when arpeggio hits it and what sounds to make of it. 

I've accidentally found that out  

( I was pondering how about a duo trigger for both arpeggio and phrase on the same zone but with an off-set

they can have both the benefits of what they can do for instance arpeggio can be triggered by phrase seq but

a negative off-set prevents the phrase from playing from which it still remains the function of playing either by

fixed key value triggered from any key. both arpeggio and phrase get an off-set that doesn't trigger either one 

of them but can use some of their functions fully.) *I'm a nut with this 😋 I'm getting addicted to the PX5S 😂*

Sounds like you've been studying AlenK's docs! I have been. He has an entire section describing the key follow function-I was just studying it last night. Many of my synths have had it from way back-it's use can be subtle or quite drastic I recall. I haven't played with it much with  the XW-P1 yet. I have been playing with the transpose setting-changing the pitches of individual tracks within a part-can offset one melody part from another to play in different keys-offset from the "master transpose" accomplished with the lowest octave used to trigger different keys within a sequence. Put another way-if i create a sequence in the key of C-which is what is recommended-every transposition using the lower octave transposes the entire sequence all at once-but transpose offsets can be created within each track of each part. Can create interesting combinations of keys in one part. The more I learn the XW-the more amazing it becomes.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:37 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

Sounds like you've been studying AlenK's docs! I have been. He has an entire section describing the key follow function-I was just studying it last night. Many of my synths have had it from way back-it's use can be subtle or quite drastic I recall. I haven't played with it much with  the XW-P1 yet. I have been playing with the transpose setting-changing the pitches of individual tracks within a part-can offset one melody part from another to play in different keys-offset from the "master transpose" accomplished with the lowest octave used to trigger different keys within a sequence. Put another way-if i create a sequence in the key of C-which is what is recommended-every transposition using the lower octave transposes the entire sequence all at once-but transpose offsets can be created within each track of each part. Can create interesting combinations of keys in one part. The more I learn the XW-the more amazing it becomes.

I didn't know he did haven't looked knowing all hexlayers between keyboards that have it differs,

I know solo synth has key-follow but having the XW-G1 without the hexlayers I didn't expect it covers that. 

But do you mean the transpose setting changing of pitches with the hexlayers it sounds like you're

trying a transpose sweep at once with all layers but still remaining there key-offset if by that you mean 

key-follow position to each layer. I'm trying to get a picture of this.

I can use tips to have a work around stuff or effective patterns based on hexlayers.