Video Files on Forum ×

Controlling external music software with sliders and knobs

captainron

Hello,

I am trying to setup midi learn within my music software on my mac. I want to assign various parameters to control to all the PX-5S knobs and sliders;

essentially using the PX-5S as a keyboard controller.

I can only get a slider or two to work. I can't get any of the rotary knobs to work. What am I missing?

Thank you,

Ron

Hi Ron.  The PX-5S knobs, sliders, mod wheel, and pedals, can have different functions depending on which preset stage setting is selected, or depending on how you have programmed them yourself when using your own stage settings.  If your knobs are not being recognized by MIDI learn, it is likely you have selected a stage setting where they are programmed to control something like master EQ, which does not send standard MIDI CC messages.  You can edit and change these yourself by pressing edit>stage setting>common edit>controller>knob# edit>target [set this target to an unused CC#].  Once you have all of the knobs configured like this, write your stage setting as your new controller setup.  Hope that helps!

• Like 1