Video Files on Forum ×

Recording audio on lks250

I just ordered this casiotone and was planning on doing some very simple recordings. It has a microphone input. I basically just want to do very simple piano plus voice recordings, nothing professional, just to send to some friends.

Theoretically I could just use my cell phone to record the audio coming out of the speakers but I would like something a little better. 

I'm not sure if I am going to need some additional equipment? It has a headphone / output Jack. I basically want to hook the keyboard to my Windows laptop to make the recordings.

Any help appreciated, I'm a super newbie. 

I was actually torn between this casiotone and the ctx700 and could still change my mind if for some reason recording is easier from that keyboard.

Thanks! 

Welcome to the forums!  Your computer likely has an 1/8" mic/line input jack.  You can connect the LK-S250 headphone output to that and record.  You can download free DAW software like Audacity and create some really nice recordings.  You'll just need the cable to connect the two jacks.  Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...