Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 Modulation Wheel, How to Disable?

buffac1

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to dis engage the mod wheel on the piano sounds?  I actually sent back the first 560 I bought because when I was on the phone with Casio they didn't even know why this was happening and told me to exchange it!  As I was waiting for my new one to arrive it occurred to me that maybe i=t was the mod wheel but why would that ne enable on the piano sound?  Makes no sense and the vibrato doesn't really turn off the whole way even if you have it down.  Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, buffac1 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to dis engage the mod wheel on the piano sounds?  I actually sent back the first 560 I bought because when I was on the phone with Casio they didn't even know why this was happening and told me to exchange it!  As I was waiting for my new one to arrive it occurred to me that maybe i=t was the mod wheel but why would that ne enable on the piano sound?  Makes no sense and the vibrato doesn't really turn off the whole way even if you have it down.  Any suggestions?

The modulation effect should be completely off when the modulation wheel is all the way down.  Can you attach a short audio clip here of what's happening?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, just yesterday purchased a 560 demo from Kraft.  Brand new condition.  Clicked on Grand Piano button.  It sounded horrible.  I reset the instrument to factory default and it sounded the same.  After about 30 minutes of scratching my head...Noticed the the Mod wheel was all the way up!   Problem solved.    I've never had a Mod wheel and didn't recognize that was a Mod function.   LOL   I was very relieved.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've recently developed a situation where the mod wheel on my PX-5S seems to drift a bit so that I might get a vibrato even though I just turned it down.  Vigorous playing may cause it to move a bit.
This is after a few years of lugging it around to gigs and rehearsals so not completely surprising, but it sounds a bit like what's happening above.  I think it will have to go in for repair, but I was looking for a global filter in the menus and found something like knob calibration.  I wondered if there might be a way to give some offset so that the CC 'zero' actually corresponds to an offset of the wheels physical position.  It looks like it's intended to set sliders or knob centers. 

It is easy to edit a few piano sounds to make the mod wheel not assigned to any CC value.  But I've been using a user Hammond patch that uses the mod wheel for the fundamental, and it would suddenly drop out in a range around the all down position.  I'll probably edit that sound as well just to fix the fundamental full or nearly full on, which is almost always where I want it.