Video Files on Forum ×

Default or Factory Registrations - What Are They?

Glen Mann

Hello all.

I want to start overwriting the registrations on my PX-S3000, but if it's like my Yamaha, I would be overwriting unique settings that are programmed in "at the factory". Does anyone know if I will be overwriting something I might want if I start saving my stuff to the registrations? The registrations I've listened to seem to be plain old factory voices, but it's a pretty big chore to confirm all 96 registrations with any certainty.

Now If you ask me (if you want my newb opinion, or my wish) I think manufacturers should put nothing into user spaces, so that we don't need to wonder if there's something in there!

I have a second question which I will write in a few moments the answer to which may answer this one... I'll try to edit this if it does.

So far so good for this PX-S3000. Thanks

On 5/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, Glen Mann said:

Now If you ask me (if you want my newb opinion, or my wish) I think manufacturers should put nothing into user spaces, so that we don't need to wonder if there's something in there!

It's a funny thing. If Casio shipped they keyboards with nothing in there, people would try it on the floor model at the store and think it was blank (Casio floor models are simply units pulled from stock so they're exactly the same as the ones you can buy). The other thing is the ones that ship from the factory give the users examples of what can be done with them. Yet if you fill them up, people are afraid to delete them because they don't want to lose them especially if you're a little OCD like me. :D 

The best answer seems to be to fill them up and have a place where you can store them or download them from somewhere in case people want to get them back.