Video Files on Forum ×

Accessing registration memory while recording S3000

Hi! I am trying to record a track in a particular song using 2-3 different tones (some with layers, some without layers) that I need to change quickly. I have all the settings saved in one of the registration banks but the problem is that I can't access the Registration banks when "Rec track" = "Solo 1" is selected for that song. When I change the "Rec track" to "System", then I can access the registration banks using the function button but that is not very helpful as I want to use those 2-3 different tones for a particular solo piece on top of the "System" recording track. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi RIshabh.  Welcome to the Forum!

I haven't tried recording tracks with my px-s3000 but I see that the manual lists what information is recorded for each track on pg. EN-44.  It seems like only the Upper1 settings are recorded for the solo tracks, so you wouldn't be able to use layers on the solo tracks.  Perhaps Casio disable access to the registration banks when recording solo tracks in order to highlight this aspect of the instrument.

• Like 1

About 20 years ago, Casio introduced the "system track" in the song sequencer of the MZ-2000.  It's something that quickly made it's way into many other Casio products and the concept of the system track has remained the same since then.  That is the track designed to record unique (system exclusive) functions found only on that particular Casio model; like registration changes, rhythm control changes, accomp chord input, etc.  The other "solo tracks" of the sequencer are General MIDI compliant tracks.  Each solo track can only record one tone at a time, like a standard midi file would have.  You can often change the tone while recording a solo track by simply selecting another tone (depending on the Casio model being used), and this change will be recorded to the solo track.  Hope this helps clear things up.

• Like 1