Video Files on Forum ×

NEW WK7600 DELIVERED YESTERDAY!!

Tom, did i read his right? You just got a PX560? i guess we won't be hearing from for awhile!:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance: 

I doubt you will be disappointed. and once you get the hang of it-you can use the same auto-arrangements in both if and when you start downloading or creating new ones. I've created a bunch of .ckf files in the download section-these load and play in the PX560, the PX350 and the older PX575-also worked in the CTK6200. Just for giggles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Tom, did i read his right? You just got a PX560? i guess we won't be hearing from for awhile!:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance: 

I doubt you will be disappointed. and once you get the hang of it-you can use the same auto-arrangements in both if and when you start downloading or creating new ones. I've created a bunch of .ckf files in the download section-these load and play in the PX560, the PX350 and the older PX575-also worked in the CTK6200. Just for giggles.

Hi Jokeyman123.  I got the PX560 a few weeks ago.  Couldn't wait. hahaha  But actually I have posted more frequently in these forums since I got it.  A few tunes and some comments, etc.  It's the keyboard of my dreams.  Seriously.  I'm in hillbilly hog heaven when playing the PX560.  The WK7600 is fun.  The PX560 is beyond that.  It's METAfun, bordering on a spiritual experience.  (ok, maybe that's a bit much, but it IS fantastic)  The hard part with the PX560, as with my experience with the WK7600, is to make myself stop rambling tickling the ivories long enough to actually learn how to do some of the more interesting, deeper stuff like creating layered tones, tweaking tones, creating presets, editing, etc., etc.

However, there is something to be said for rambling.  It isn't really (well, at least not totally) aimless.  I've generated some new stuff (well, new for me anyway) that I'm in the process of building some new (again, new for me) tunes on.  Anyway, just having a heckuva good time with the PX560.  But I still have the WK7600 (a great keyboard, just not a PX560), and hope to learn on it as well.  It's good to have a backup keyboard also.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, Martha said:

Thanks Tom. Am also new at getting around in forums. Am trying to understand music presets now, great rhythms but don't understand how to get them to work. 

Enjoy!

Hi Martha, thanks for commenting.  I see that Brad Saucier has posted a link to a video on presets.  I haven't gotten into the rhythm stuff yet, but will post about it when I do.  Not sure exactly what your experience is with not being able to "get them to work".  I'm sure there are people at these forums who can help with that.  Maybe the link that Brad posted will solve the problem?

Brad Saucier said:

Music presets are like having someone next to you playing the chords that drive accompaniment, freeing you to play a melody over the top, kind of like joining in on a jam session, but the keyboard does all the work.  In fact, Casio used to call this feature "free session".  It works great for honing improvisation skills.  Preset chord progressions consist of commonly used progressions in popular music.  

Thanks Brad.  I usually do my own backing stuff.  That's one of the main reasons why I really like the WK7600 (and the PX560), because of the sequencer's multitrack capabilities.  However, I have made extensive use of a keyboard's built in rhythms (and variations thereof) in many of my tunes.  So, will definitely be exploring that aspect of  the WK7600 (and the PX560).

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 10:52 PM, TomTWK7600 said:

Ok, so I've been recording to SD card almost exclusively since my last post.  Even though , after conversion, you get 'wav' files that are not quite lossless wav files, it's just so easy to use that I don't bother much with hooking the WK7600 to my computer any more -- and anyway, any difference is, fapp and to my ear, pretty much negligable.  It's a pretty great feature to have on a $450 keyboard.

Have been practicing more as time passes.  Did about 4 hours last night.  Still almost exclusively with piano voices (tones).  There's so many instrument tones and different ways to tweak them on the WK7600 that I will probably eventually devote a month or two to just exploring all of the tones.  But for the time being am mainly concerned with trying to get back up to speed on technique and trying to remember stuff that I've forgotten.

I went ahead and sold my Yamaha PSR EW400, and plan to use the money toward eventually getting an 88-key weighted hammer action keyboard.  I had been looking at the old Yamaha DGX660 because of its sound, its sequencer, and its ability to record wav files directly to a USB stick inserted in the front of the instrument, and then I remembered the Casio Privia PX560.  Way better than the Yamaha DGX660, but costs $400 more.  Then I checked out the Casio Privia PX360.  Way better than the Yamaha, and only $100 more.  So, that's the front runner so far.  Am also considering the Casio CGP700, as it seems to be comparable to the PX360 -- so now am going to the appropriate forum(s) here to ask about those.

Stay safe and well everybody.  Will be back here with intermittent progress reports, and hopefully some short videos of playing the WK7600 with synced audio -- or at least some short audio files made with SD card.  (Have to check on that.  Might end up just putting them on YouTube and linking to them here.)

• 2 years later...

I Have an old technics electric piano which still sounds great, but has no backing hence the keyboard ( Yamaha  PSR E310 ), the 2 go together really well, but the strings part of the backing ( keyboard ) is way too loud and on way too many of the rhythms on it.    So the opportunity to get a 3rd one with a sequencer was for me not to be missed, I initially was looking for the Casio WK3300.  I cannot say too much about the Casio 3700 because I have only had it 2 days, it is very complicated and will take some study to get the best out of it, it is certainly loud enough to be used in my flat without an amplifier, the sound quality as well is really good but not quite up to the par of the electric piano but still excellent.  my only criticism is that it does require some study to learn how to use it and takes you away from the actual playing, The sequencer on the WK3300-3800 was much easier to use.

I will keep you posted as I hope to progress, but it looks good, and sounds good, but I am feeling I have bitten more then I can chew in that it is hard to use, with all the things this can do.