Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting an expander to px5s

ferrmar

Hi.

I would like to use sounds from an expander using my Px5s as a master keyboard.

I set the soundgenerator voice to off, but I can't use any tone, except the first automatically selected by switching the expander on. How can I select the tone from the expander list?

thanks a lot for your help.

Mario

On the PX-5S, press edit>stage setting>zone edit>midi edit>prg& bank out> (set this to program or bank depending which method you want to use).  You'll need to know a what method and values your expander needs to reach the patches you want.  Back up to PrgBank edit to input values.  

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

On the PX-5S, press edit>stage setting>zone edit>midi edit>prg& bank out> (set this to program or bank depending which method you want to use).  You'll need to know a what method and values your expander needs to reach the patches you want.  Back up to PrgBank edit to input values.  

Thanks, Brad.

Still I can't get the V3 sounds. I tried to send the tones of the expander ti the px5s by using the Casio Editor program. 

I select an Hex in stage setting 00, set generator out, inserti the values of prg, but I can.change only the First item, while the following are not stored in the keyboard. Why?