Video Files on Forum ×

is it possible to connect the MZX500 to the CDP135? master and slave?

maurochefe

The auto-accompaniment only responds to chords played on the CT-X itself. The CT-X series also doesn't respond to MIDI clock messages.

I would suggest programming a sequence on the PX-5S and sending the MIDI note data to the CT-X to trigger sounds. You'd essentially be using it as an external tone module at that point. You can use the "MIDI In" mixer section on the CT-X to control the voice assignments and effects sends for each track if you don't want to do that in your DAW.

• Like 1

Thanks Chandler, I understand now. I was thinking I can use it as I did before with an old Yamaha SY77 and a Roland ProE, where the Roland was an arranger that could be triggered via midi by the Yamaha... 

I don't think the result would be the same with the sequence programmed from the PX-5S, but I will try.

Thanks again!

@Corneliu you might also try sequencing the CT-X from your DAW and just using the PX-5S for the parts you perform live. You would just have a fixed arrangement at that point, though, and you wouldn’t be able to make changes on the fly.

If you go to Function -> MIDI -> AccompOut and set it to on, you can record the output of the accompaniment parts to a MIDI sequence in your DAW. The Rhythm and Accompaniment parts are all sent out on channels 9-16, so just arm those tracks to be recorded in your DAW and play your chord progression once you start the recording.