Video Files on Forum ×

Sound is bad on recording but nice through headphones live

chrs1961815

I am trying to record some piano for tracks I am doing. When I record a take with headphones on or through the speakers, it sounds great. But when I go to load the MIDI file into my software program, it sounds completely different. It sounds much for synthy with organ coming from the pedal. The mixer says the grand piano studio is the only thing on so I do not get it. Please Help!

Welcome to the forums!  

It sounds like you have used the MIDI recorder on the PX-560.  MIDI does not contain audio.  MIDI is like digital sheet music, which instructs an instrument how to play a song.  When a MIDI file is played on another instrument, or computer, you'll hear the sound of the other instrument.  In the case of a computer, the instrument is virtual, as a software instrument.  

What you can do on the PX-560 is record your MIDI recording as audio.  That's easy with the PX-560.  Connect a USB flash drive to the PX-560 and start the audio recorder.  Once the audio recorder is ready, start playback of the MIDI recorder.  When done, the USB drive will contain an audio WAV file which can be played on your computer.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Also, if your software program is a DAW ("digital audio workstation") that acts like a multitrack recorder, you can record the audio from your keyboard's Line Out (Left and Right) into the DAW. That is how professional recordings in studios are done.