Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm irregular tempo and skipped beats

yul

Hello, I have been reading about delays and jams on the CTX. I am presently seeing some irregular tempos and stacked drum sounds on some registrations. Another registration with the same rhythm but different tempo works fine. Is there a way to fix this? I saw the update for 1.08 perhaps this would be the solution? Thanks

Has anyone actually opened a ticket with Casio or complained directly to them?

I have OS 1.06 is this the reason why? Is there an official statement anywhere or anyone else with this?

This forum can't possibly be the only place to talk about this and it doesn't seem like much is being done here anyways. 

OK Brad! Sooo after tracing back this one I am able to replicate it.

It is so far only one preset (352 X-synLd4).  My original was a  user preset.

If you set sustain "on" and play multiple notes with a beat, the beat will go off eventually and break down and come back.

I put the beat at 150 BPM to make this happen quicker but it will also work at 85BPM which was my original.

This is probably because of too much CPU for this preset.

I first thought it was polyphony maxing but I tried with other presets and it didn't do it.

I am hoping that Casio will be able to improve this one and if others too.
But it is no big problem some of these presets take a lot of juice I know now to play this tone carefully.

Probably the "lead" name means to play like a mono synth only a few notes at a time.

It happens with good synths sometimes!

I really love this keyboard BTW it's really great!!

Thanks in advance!!

Interesting, I can replicate this doing exactly what yul described (and it doesn't take long, only a few seconds).  I used rhythm 001 at 150bpm.

Perhaps Casio will release the firmware update to the public in the future (or someone from the forum can let them know about this issue).

OK at least now we understand. It's not a big problem because it happens on some other synths and software as well.

If it sounds good it must be expensive on CPU 🙂

I will try to be more careful and more conservative. It is not always necessary to have so much going at the same time.

There are so many patches sometimes you can switch a HQ sound with a lighter sound in the background it will be almost the same.

I think you can sometimes use a long delay instad of sustain it will sound almost the same.

It would be nice if Casio could adress this but it the solution could be worse (change it to dropping notes instead or monophonic only etc..)

Better to leave it at that if there is no other way. I am Ok with this. 

For the midi jitter, this should be a similar case if you have too much going on. I don't export the midi but plan on recording it.

Hopefully the same conservative logic can apply..