Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 vs. Behringer Pro-One sounds

I've owned and played XW-P1 for several years now, pretty amazing synth even years later..but recently, having had one of the original Sequential Circuits Pro-One I have been eyeing the Behringer. I distinctly recall what the originsl Pro-One could sound like-was great fun then, but was wondering if anyone has done an A/B sound comparison-basically interested in the quality of sounds out the board, I have a very clear understanding of the differences between the operating systems and capabilities of each. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

How about a side-by-side comparison of that with the XW-P1...guess I'll have to do my own, based on what I hear online from the Behringer and my XW, beofre I bite and get the Behringer-as I'm thinking the model D might be better. After all, the original Pro-1 was considered a "budget" MiniMoog-and i speak from experience as i couldn't safford the original Minimoog and went for the Pro-One instead-I think it was originally half the price-I paid around 400-500 US dollars and the MinMoog was at least a thousand-big money back then. Old Pro-One's ridiculous prices-considering it had horrible drifting oscillators, relatively cheap switches and pots-Radio Shack style and the keyboard-i wasted more time trying to get the tiny springs to actually work, than I did playing the d*** thing. Would, brea, double trigger and oxidize almost instantly-ruining the conductivity1 Amazing I could get any music out of it at all! Hook up a Behringer to my PX-560 or even a small budget controller keyboard-it's got to be better! but just don't know if it's worth the extra compared to some of the mono and other synth sounds in the XW-P1 sure it's superior in terms of filters and analog controls, but does it sound any better? These old analog machines only had square, pulse, saw and sine waves, but did have PWM which could create some interesting variations. AlenK, resident XW expert, what do you think? I still feel like I've gotten only about 20% of what the XW is capable of in terms of musical creativity.