Video Files on Forum ×

How to change tones for the chords? (When the rythm is not playing)

mattf

How I change the tones that play when the rythm is not playing? e.g. if i would like to make some intro holding just the chord before starting the rythm, or just for changing that default bass and strings to something else anyway.

I could see that those chords play in the mixer part A but changing there does not take effect since whenever i play the chord again it switches back to the defaults.

Is it possible to change on this keyboard? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Good question.  Casio developers should take note... ALL serious arrangers should support chord recognition with the style stopped.  Although it's possible to create a user style that does this (as Brad suggests), it should really be a native feature, and the chord/bass output should also be delivered to MIDI OUT.

I've created styles like this for other brands of instruments.  It's a fair amount of work.  You can probably come close to what you're trying to do, by starting with a style like String Quartet  that has no drums nor rhythmic "beat."  Play your chord intro with that style, and then change to the style you want to use for the rest of the song.

If you don't like the string sounds, you might be able to revoice the bass and other style tracks.  But if it's your intention to play "held chords," you should really choose instruments like organ, brass section, etc., which can sustain a sound indefinitely, otherwise it may sound choppy and amateurish.  My $.02.