Video Files on Forum ×

Sync LFO

sam-px5s

Hello!

Anyone knows if in Px5S we could have sync LFO? So I mean when you press any keys independently starts to do modulation based on the selected LFO waveform

Currenly in the LFO section of the editor it looks LFO is not sync ( Async).

Thank!

Nope there no sync LFO , on tones there is velocity sense with Hexlayer there is also key follow but you have five filter types to play with both sound source.  

The only sync that is available is with Delay in fact I posted something about it a long while back. 

1 hour ago, XW-Addict said:

Nope there no sync LFO , on tones there is velocity sense with Hexlayer there is also key follow but you have five filter types to play with both sound source.  

The only sync that is available is with Delay in fact I posted something about it a long while back. 

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Mike Martin said:

You can create an LFO using the arpeggiator which does sync to tempo. What did you want to modulate? 

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the tips. I am not very familiar with arpeggiator of PX5S yet but I am looking to simulate a pitch envelope of my first keyboard CASIO WK 1200. Basically looking for PitchSet 046 in this keyboard which is like sync LFO between 2 notes in octave differences that sounds like a delay that the second note is +12 or -12 pitch shifted 

I'm sorry you lost me at PitchSet 046.  Do you have an audio example? 

The arpeggiator in the PX-5S may be able to help. It has "Control Tracks" that can be assigned to control a wide variety of things so it can do modulation in sync with your tempo. You can also have it smoothly move from one step to the next rather than jumping. 

The PX-5s also has pitch envelopes so I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately my WK-1250 took a swim in salt water and corroded, so it doesn't boot up anymore where I can check it out.  However, I think I remember that pitch set LFO.  If I recall correctly, it's basically just a square wave pitch LFO with the depth of pitch equaling an octave.  On the WK-1200/1250/1300/1350 series, amp and pitch envelopes were preset.  A wild array of preset pitch envelopes are in the "others" category.  They can be pretty fun to experiment with.  If you can upload an audio clip as Mike mentioned, that would help tremendously.  Attaching a shot of the WK-1200/1250 front panel graphics depicting the preset envelopes....

IMG_20200630_150656991.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mike Martin said:

I'm sorry you lost me at PitchSet 046.  Do you have an audio example? 

The arpeggiator in the PX-5S may be able to help. It has "Control Tracks" that can be assigned to control a wide variety of things so it can do modulation in sync with your tempo. You can also have it smoothly move from one step to the next rather than jumping. 

The PX-5s also has pitch envelopes so I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve. 

Sorry for bad quality but you get what I mean I hope :)

Thanks!

example.mp3

• Like 1

Thanks Brad!

Yes I did. As you said it is LFO Square shape and as I could see the LFO in WK 1200 was sync. I could do it with PX5s too but it is not sync which makes it not pleasant as WK1200 version. Brad I also love the speaker system of this old keyboard. Is there any way you guys make speakers too!

I love some of qualities of this old keyboard! some of the samples from Px5S are exactly the same (like 002 - Egrand ) but I actually like the output texture of the DAC even it is much noisier!

Edited by sam-px5s
I could manage it with PX5s but it is not Sync

1 minute ago, XW-Addict said:

Sounds similar to "Fly like an eagle" what I've commented on recently in community created files. 

There is this synth sound sounding just like that example file.  

The only way is to make LFO sync.Async LFO is not really musical as it destroys the repetition pattern. I think LFO is just software and they can update it I hope :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 2:12 AM, Choppin said:

If you check out Stage setting 0-9 You Two the effect is similar.  In the case of the guitar, the arpeggio used is 013 Seq Line 1.  I'm sure you can modify a user phrase or arpeggio to closer meet the sound you want. 

Not really. This just need a firmware update to me

I hope Casio release a new version