Video Files on Forum ×

Question about simulating live recordings

Is there a way to make it sound like my digital piano is being recorded through a microphone? More specifically, I am not trying to alter the sound as such, but rather which keys sound like they were picked up louder than others, as if, for example, the microphone were placed somewhere in the middle of the "soundboard" and picks up the middle notes stronger than the low or high notes. Or if I so chose, the high notes louder and everything else quieter, as if I moved the microphone to the right. Hopefully you understand me.

On a related subject, is there an easy way to make specific  notes pick up louder than others (short of banging on the key really hard)?

I'm using a PX-5S but this seemed like a more generalized question, so I put it in here. Thanks for any replies.

A mic in the middle of a real piano will pick up more reflections of sound from things not near the mic and less reflections for things closer. This would require an early reflection style effect that can be applied to some notes more than others.  There's more to it than just grading the volume level of the keys, which can be done using amp key follow in a hex layer tone.  Casio used somewhere around 24 microphones on the piano sampled, so pretty much every note is close mic sound. Perhaps there's a way to blend together a couple of zones and hex layers, one with more early reflection DSP than the others, as well as some volume grading.  Don't forget EQ tweaks as well.

• Like 1