Video Files on Forum ×

Help with FREEZE function

I'm having trouble understanding how to use the FREEZE function to maintain the TRANSPOSE setting when I switch between registrations.

REGISTRATION->FREEZE->Transpose is set to ON

I select TRANSPOSE and go down 1/2 step in order to play along with a recording I found online.

Half way through the song I switch from bank 1 to bank 2, and the TRANSPOSE function returns to 0.

I obviously don't understand how to use FREEZE.

Here's what I read in the manual:

You can also use the freeze function to specify particular settings that should not be overwritten when a setup registration is recalled.For FUNCTION parameter numbers 58 to 69 (parameters included in 57 “FREEZE”) select either “On” (maintain current setting) or “Off” (overwrite current setting) to specify what should happen when a setup is recalled.

If I set the TRANSPOSE FREEZE function to "On", shouldn't the current setting be maintained when I choose a new registration?

Please help.

--wpd

Freeze is a two step process initially.  What you have done so far is configure the freeze filters you want to use.  The next step is to turn on the freeze system itself by holding the bank button until FZ appears on the screen.  Now you can easily toggle freeze on and off with the bank button.  No need for menu diving.

• Like 1