Video Files on Forum ×

Horn slide with PX-S3000

I was watching a video recently where the keyboardist was demonstrating a song that had a horn accent where the hons played a glissando.  I don't play brass, so, I'm not really sure how one would do this with a trumpet.  (I do know how one would do it with a trombone though 🙂).  Whatever keyboard he was using had some sort of feature where he could press a low F# and the brass chord he played in the upper register would slide down and fade out.  The video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm3siVxiCU, if you are interested.

Now I'm curious... does the PX-S3000 have a similar feature?

Perhaps one of the "Versatile Tone" features?  (I honestly don't understand what those tones are or how to use them, except that I think I read somewhere that they are most useful with MIDI).

Or, perhaps there is some way to use the arpeggiator to do that?

Thanks for any tips.

--wpd

Thanks Brad,

I played a chord and listened to the BRASS SFZ, BRASS VELO.FALL, BRASS VELO.SHAKE, and BRASS VELO.GLISSANDO tones this morning.  I hear a difference in volume as I press the keys harder/faster, but don't hear a fall or shake or a glissando.  Is there something else I need to do to enable the fall/glissando feature?

--wpd

• 2 weeks later...