Video Files on Forum ×

Anyone "float" their keyboard?

Trooplewis

I bought the PX-S3000 'kit' that included the Jamstand and bench. The stand works OK, but it wants to do battle with my knees and shins on occasion, and it tends to wobble when I get a little heavy-handed in my playing.  It's also not the best look in my Tiki Room. 

I looked at getting the $139 CS-68 stand, but it it too big and black and doesn't really work in this location.

So I went to Home Depot and spent $40...

$25 for the two 16" reinforced shelf brackets, and $11 for a 2' x4' piece of MDF board. plus a can of spray paint.

I cut the MDX down to 18 inches wide, kept the length at 48 inches

Came up with a nice solution that is solid as a rock and even cleans up some of the wiring. It also creates a nice usable shelf space behind the keyboard.

This also let me put the keyboard height at the correct 28", the lowest the Jamstand would go was bout 29 1/2".

What do you think?

(1st pic is with the Jamstand, next two are with the shelf...)

TikiRoom2.jpg

IMG_20200723_090932[1].jpg

Keyboard Shelf01.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

I like.  :)  Very nice. 

Very nice idea :)     I had also  annoying "wobble" problems with  with my keyboards " so had a radical  change to a  table like frame  but it is bulky and not really beautiful  but  no moving or wobble so ever  anymore and can change  the stands playing position  . 

In case you are interested in creating this keyboard support;

Here is a link to the Everbilt 16" x 10" shelf brackets at Home Depot.

Just be sure to put the 16" on top and the 10" against the wall, and make sure you screw into a wall stud. If you are anchored to a stud, the brackets will support 800+ lbs, and there is literally no sway or movement of any kind with the keyboard.

You will need a shelf that is 18" wide, otherwise your music will rub against the wall when it is on the music stand.

I drilled a 1" hole in the shelf to run the pedal and amp wires through.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-16-in-x-10-in-White-Heavy-Duty-Shelf-Bracket-14826/202895664

• Like 1