Video Files on Forum ×

Outputting on 3 channels

gogoriviera

Do you have layered and split voices assigned to the keyboard in your Performance set-up? Depending on how you have your control zones configured, the same keys can send out duplicate notes on multiple channels. This allows you to combine the PX-5S’ internal voices with external sounds from an outboard synth or DAW; for example, you could have a strings patch coming from the PX-5S, and then have another zone set up on the same range of keys that is muted within the PX-5S’ internal sound engine, but still sends out MIDI notes on a separate channel so that you can trigger a piano VST like Keyscape over MIDI.

Check your zone settings and either 1) disable all zones but one of them or 2) disable MIDI output for all but one of your performance zones.

You may also wish to turn Local Control off in the system settings so that the PX-5S is only sending out MIDI notes and the internal sounds are disabled altogether.

• Like 1

I initialized midi and turned off high resolution- and it went back to single channel--   I really don't know this keyboard all that well.  I don't think the manual was all that straight forward as I remember.   I don't know about how to turn zones on and off etc.  I am a seasoned midi guy- I bought this keyboard mostly for triple action feel- but I really would like to use more the the controller functions.

I did also turn local control off- I don't use internal sounds anyway.

I was surprised to find out no volume pedal- or it at least won't put out midi volume to logic with a pedal.  I ended up buying a $200 midi pedal.

Anyway my dilemma is solved for now- and Thx for those that responded

I initialized midi and turned off high resolution- and it went back to single channel--   I really don't know this keyboard all that well.  I don't think the manual was all that straight forward as I remember.   I don't know about how to turn zones on and off etc.  I am a seasoned midi guy- I bought this keyboard mostly for triple action feel- but I really would like to use more the the controller functions.

I did also turn local control off- I don't use internal sounds anyway.

I was surprised to find out no volume pedal- or it at least won't put out midi volume to logic with a pedal.  I ended up buying a $200 midi pedal.

Anyway my dilemma is solved for now- and Thx for those that responded