Video Files on Forum ×

Can you put rechargable batteries in the casio cdp s350?

Dnnyboy

The manual sometimes specifies six alkaline batteries and sometime just says six batteries so I was wondering if anyone knows or has tried to put in different batteries because I have eneloop rechargable batteries but I wouldent want to break the piano withought knowing.

Casio usually doesn't recommend rechargeable batteries-it will probably work if you do, but the lower voltages-1.2 vs. 1.5 per cell-might not give you enough power, and since the Casio is looking for 9v rather than 7.2 total from 6 eneloops-will probably drain the rechargeables faster than alkalines. I don't think you will damage the CDP, but why take the chance? From my training in electronics-undervoltage can put a strain on components-not as bad as overvoltage necessarily which can really zap your board, but undervoltage over time is generally not a good idea. 

I've been doing it everyday for 2 months (see my post on the cdps100) and have had no problems. If Casio knew that rechargable AA's would not work, or would potentially damage the piano, they'd have put a disclaimer imho, since it would be such an obvious choice to use rechargables. They also come in different potencies.