Video Files on Forum ×

Casio PX320 key noise fixing question

Hi there,
first time poster here. Bought secondhand Casio Privia PX 320 which has 3 keys with prominent noise. The sound isn't affected. When pressed, it feels like the key lands on something harder than other keys-as if there was some felt cushion which is no longer there. Looked online, couldn't find anything similar. I am planning to disassemble it myself and have a look, but if you encountered anything similar-please share your wisdom, thank you! I am worried that I will disassembler it and won't find anything to fix. I looked through craxyivn's brilliant post, but I couldn't see any felt in the mechanism, nothing that I could replace...

Look over my posts and pictures here under PX350 posts. The 350 is fairly similar to the 320 as far as key mechanism-you might gain som einsight as to what is happening to yours. I have modified several Privias to quiet the keys, ehich over time-for the older Casios can get a bit noisier due to compacted cushioning felt-not unique to Casio, I've done this with other keys too, Kurzweil, Yamaha and Ensoniq all with weighted keys.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Look over my posts and pictures here under PX350 posts. The 350 is fairly similar to the 320 as far as key mechanism-you might gain som einsight as to what is happening to yours. I have modified several Privias to quiet the keys, ehich over time-for the older Casios can get a bit noisier due to compacted cushioning felt-not unique to Casio, I've done this with other keys too, Kurzweil, Yamaha and Ensoniq all with weighted keys.

thank you! this gives me hope, even though I am by no means a tech person

when dis-assembling the hard to get at screws buried inside-if it is the same as other Privias-get some poster putty-its a rubbery flexible substance that I stick on the screwdriver to get screws to adhere to the screwdriver-magnetic screwdrivers help too-but will also attract the steel ammers inside, makes it awkward to get at the screws which are holding most of the top case from coming off. look for hidden screws in the side panels where the speaker compartments are-under the endcaps-these have to come off to take the speaker tops off if you need to do that, but you probably won't need to if it is only a key or 2 in the middle section. wish I could help more-keep me posted-I' don't do this professionally, but i did train as a keyboard tech-I'm pretty much retired-will work for chips and beer (only kidding). I won't even work for that anymore!!!