Video Files on Forum ×

Dial stopped working out of nowhere?

JustOneCarb

Hello all,

I just purchased a CDP-S350 and yesterday  on my second day playing it, all of a sudden the dial stopped working (the one next to the function button, not the volume dial).  I’ll be calling for troubleshooting once the customer service center is open and I bought a 3 year warranty, but I’m curious if it’s possible I accidentally pressed a button combo that altered its functioning somehow.  Anyone familiar with something I may have pressed that may make the dial stop working temporarily, and how to undo it?  There was no damage to it or anything, it just stopped functioning seemingly out of nowhere after I had been going through all the different instrument sounds.  I would love to do a factory reset but based on the manual it seems I need to use the dial to do that.  Thanks so much for your assistance.

The dial should always work. There are no settings that can disable it on the CDP-S350.  If you are unable to use the dial for selecting any tones, rhythms, or navigation in menus, it is malfunctioning.  Since it is 1 day old, I would contact the store you purchased it from.  They might be able to provide an exchange for a working unit.  

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, Supratim Banerjee said:

I purchased a casio cdp s 350 digital piano which got delivered today to my home. On checking it i found the f sharp key on the first octave is not producing any sound. Is there any way to fix it? I have contacted my music store and they said they will speak to casio. Totally disappointed.

That sounds like something which would need a service technician.  The best way to handle an issue with a recent purchase is through the store you purchased it from.