Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 Line Inputs

Hmmm-I've used the outputs from an MC-505 and an RM1X direct into the PX350 audio inputs-never had any problems with distortion. Which keyboard are you connecting-and are you using it's headphone output jack or its line inputs? eigther way though, there should be no distortion. and the PX560 is more programmable as far as the audio inputs-you can set the audio input levels with the "balance" control icon from the main selection of functions, works well-I have both 350 and 560. The 350 audio input depends on the level of your output dvice, and th 350 volume control for monitoring the volume through the speakers-but can't be adjusted any other way-there is no setting for adjusting the input level other than the volume control-and i don't think that effects the 350  audio recorder level-but I'll have to double check-I've only done audio recordings with the PX350 using  its internal sound engine, not with any external equipment.

• Like 1

Can you try the King Korg headphone output into the PX350?  Might be worse-but the headphone output is usually "hotter" than the line outputs on all keyboards-might be able to jack up the King Korg volume with a lower volume setting without overdriving the PX350 audio ins-if you have the right audio adapter cable.. Might lose some high frequency response-and it might distort worse, but worth a try.

I can use either audio line outs or headphone stereo output from the MC-505, RM1X into my PX350 and 560 but haven't tried with other Casios. I get a pretty good signal either way, but then the MC505 and RM1X might have different "impedances" going out than the King Korg.  Do you have that spec from the Korg?  I can look it up and compare, but if you have it handy, might tell us what is happening. for example-the RM1X is rated at 10,000 ohms from the line outputs, only 33 ohms at the headphone outputs. This simply means that whatever other music input you connect this to, it will be more sensitive responding to the headphone impedance than the line outputs. If the King Korg's output impedance is too high in relation to the PX350, no matter how much you turn up the volume, it still will not be sufficient to get a loud or hot enough signal to the PX350-and then the problem could be the PX350 input impedance. Too low and impedance can make the signal stronger but "muddier". Impedance matching is a strange animal almost a "black art"-there seems to need to be  a sweet spot for the specs to get equipment to record and play correctly with good fidelity. The Casios in general seem to respond a little differently than some of my other branded equipment, not quite sure why, but I found this out trying a half-dozen or so headphones with several Privias. Headsets I thought would sound fine didn't, and ones that I didn't think would work so well did.  Hope this helps.