Video Files on Forum ×

Getting Files Onto My Computer From The PX-S3000.

davidkane06

How do I get the files recorded under 11 through 16 from the PX-S3000 to my computer.  I have been through the manual several times hooking up cables.

I have now been through a few cables from Microcenter trying to get the recorded files I have off of my PX-S3000 to my computer so I can edit them.

I tried an A to A cable and got nothing.  Now today I tried the A to B connector and I get a computer sound I get when I hook up a peripheral but there are no folders showing anywhere on my laptop with the 11 through 16 Rec Songs I recorded.

Can anyone help me with this?  The support people seem to be slow.

Also

I have tried connecting up a brand new tablet to the PXS3000 as well to use Chordana Play For Piano.  I switched to a C to B chord and got it to work with most of the controls.  But the playing songs with the right arrow does not work.  I get a "not connected to digital piano" error message.  I can play the built in songs under the playing songs sections.  When I go into the songs section I can play the songs there.  But I can not play the songs with a changed instrument.  It shows the instrument title above the play line but the piece does not play with that instrument.  It plays them with Grand piano.

I am using a Galaxy Tab A Tablet.  I have only two days left to return it.  The only reason I bought it was to use it with the Casio Privia.  Now when I take it back and I guess have to purchase another tablet later I will have to pay a higher price say $100.00 more.  These problems are not good Casio.  I already shelled out the $900.00 for the piano.

It seems the peripherals will not work.  I have 90 days to take back the cables.  I do not have 90 days to do my editing of my playing to get the files from the PX-S3000 to my lap top.

How about some help?!

Thank you.

Hi David, welcome to the forums. 

As Patrick indicated, a USB flash drive is used to transfer files.  The USB Type A port on the piano is for a USB flash drive, for file transfer.  The USB Type B port is for MIDI or for connecting to the Casio Chordana Play for Piano app on tablets and smartphones.  

To transfer files, connect a flash drive and use the media save function.  You'll then be able to transport the drive to your computer and copy the files from it.  More details are in the user manual on page EN-62.

As far as the tablet connecting, it sounds like it's working.  I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do however.  Can you add some more details?