Video Files on Forum ×

Sound question PXS3000

nethfel

Hi,

Was wondering from any of the owners of a PX-S3000, is there a sound in the unit (or a way to manipulate one to sound similar to) like the sound used in Van Halen's Jump?  just a curiosity question as I really don't know the full bank of sound options on the PX-S nor exactly how modifiable they are.

Absolutely!  First go through the synth and synth pad categories, you'll find many that are close but they'll almost all require some slight tweaks which you can do using the knobs. 

1.  Set the knobs to Amp Envelope - turn knob 1 and knob 2 all the way to the left so it has a fast attack and fast release.

2.  Set the knob to Filter and use knob 1 to open / close the filter to taste. 

I was messing around with the one of the pad sounds called 80sSynthPad2 (I think that is what is was called) yesterday and had a ton of fun.  

Once you have it the way you like it you can save it as a new registration. 

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks!  I had come across a video today of someone playing jump and I thought it’d be fun to try out - I’m still flip flopping between the 3K and px560 and I figured I’d ask if that could be done on the 3K which I will admit I’m leaning more towards :D

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I’m having a hard time accessing the synth section on my Privia. I’ve only had it for 3 days. I love it and I’ve been able to access the cntrl section and there’s about 100 sounds on there most are pretty cool but none of them are labeled synth.. I know there’s like 700 sounds on here.. any help getting me to the sound your talking about would be very helpful. Thank you so much for your help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...