Video Files on Forum ×

Privia PX-350M No Song Repeat Loop

JoeK

OK-even though I have spent hours, weeks, months...years studying the peculiarities of Casiospeak in the manuals-I had to double-check this to...I think...solve this problem. Funny, I had to just recently review all my old posts about the 350 just to get back to recording with it again!!!! You will see a new post about searching the Casio Music forum shortly.  Notice that a Casio "user song" is not the same as a "song recorder" song. I had to study this fine point over and over, just to be sure I had this right-3 years ago!!!!  Now the fact is....the repeat function...will only work for.....the user songs and midi songs on the thumb drive. Maddening as this is....a song you record using the "song recorder" is not....I repeat....is not....a "user song". Even now, years later, this confuses me.

So the loop function will only work if you call up a "user song" with the "user song" button-under the rhythm button, or you select a midi file from the thumb drive-or.....you can save  "song recorder" song as a midi file instead of the Casio  proprietary "CSR" format which is what it becomes automatically as you record it, then it can be set to repeat. Look at the manual on page 47 and you will notice this very fine distinction. It is this type of wording that makes me wonder why I ever-never mind. If my father hadn't worked for NASA when I was a kid, I might never have figured any of this out!!!!!

:hitt:

• Like 2