Video Files on Forum ×

Registration does not store/recall all sound parameters

lighthunt

Hello folks,

I've been making some new sounds, changing several parameters from the knob set list using K1/K2 knobs, but some of the parameters that I tweak for the tone are not stored in registration.

According to Casio tone editing video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4o6IZ8xQ5Y), at around 11:00 @Mike Martin mentioned: all parameters that can be changed by knobs can be stored in registration (like a "screenshot" of current tone)
(13:15 - last knob assignment selected when stored, becomes the one to control when recalled)

elsewhere in this forum: "Registrations are performance setups, or snapshots of the current state of your PX"  @Brad Saucier

but I am unable to store all tone parameters. To be more specific, here is how to reproduce the issue:

• set [TONE] PAD, 004: SuperSaw PAD (not sure if this is important, but ...)
  • set [CTRL] KNOB 04: Amp Envelope, twist K1 a bit to set some (longer) attack time
  • set [CTRL] KNOB 07: Porta./Mod. twist K1 a bit to set some porta time
  • set [CTRL] KNOB 01: Filter (twist K1 a bit / or don't touch it)
  • store registration

Until now I can hear my original sound, including slow porta effect, slow attack time, I am able to change the cutoff freq via K1.

But once I leave to other tone and get back and recall this stored registration, there is no porta effect anymore (but slow attack time is there and K1 modifies cuttoff as expected). I haven't found anything special about porta in the user manual.

What am I doing wrong? This looks like a software bug to me, a part of the sound is stored correctly and part of it is not. Clearly the instrument is able to produce the desired tone, but I cannot recall it again from the registration (I tried knob freeze on or off, there is no impact on this).

I wonder if someone else experienced similar issue. And since I am quoting @Mike Martin and @Brad Saucier, and my PX-S3000 behaves differently, I wonder if you you gentlemen may shed some light here?

Thank you,

Robert