Video Files on Forum ×

Registrations not available in song mode??????

lighthunt

Hi there,

After switching to song mode (rhytm > accomp > song), I am no longer able to access registrations. Why is that?

Motivation (of mine): Someone on this forum suggested to go to song mode in order to prevent accidental auto-accompaniment to turn on when playing (happens to me often 😞 ). I am not sure if the capatitive buttons are the cause (I have decreased sensitivity already), but they could be and this is reasonable workaround the issue. But if registrations are not available, then it defeats the purpose of life playing really. I can change DSP on tones and other stuff while playing the recording (and playing keyboard), but I cannot recall registrations? I can recall registration before choosing song anyway. So why registration are not available in song mode? True mystery to me. Any chance to enable them @Mike Martin?

I think when you call up a registration first-then switch to song mode-does it keep whatever settings you've already saved in the registration?-except for DSP I think. I don't have the PX-S3000, but with the PX-560 at least-whatever registration I've already selected-will be carried over-in a limited way-in song mode-at least the tones I've selected for splits and layers are. will have to look at this more csrefully-I think the 3000 and the PX560 have several similarities as I've been studying the 3000 as a possible backup Privia-or to replace an existng older one.

47 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

I think when you call up a registration first-then switch to song mode-does it keep whatever settings you've already saved in the registration?

Yes it does. Moving from rhythm / accomp to song mode retain selected registration, the tone remains the same as selected (including DSP). The point is that

• in rhythm/accomp mode (on the left side), the function button (on the right) cycles between TONE, RHYTHM, CTRL (DSPS, knob, ... ) and BANK (recall registrations)
  • in song mode, the function button (on the right) skips RHYTHM (sure, this is defined by the song) and BANK (registrations, WHY????)

I cannot choose new registration anymore when in song (I can only play the one I set before), but I can change tones, DSPs ...

So you CAN recall registrations when playing live recording a song (because you can move out to rhythm/accomp),

but you CANNOT play the recording and play live with it and recall your registrations at the same time.

This limitation doesn't make much sense to honest. It's either artificial (marketing limitation for whatever strange reason) or looks like a bug.

I don't know PX-560, you can't recall registrations in song mode?

(+ on PX-S3000, I was hoping it would additionally saves me from turning accomp on, because of too sensitive buttons)

---

@Jokeyman123 Pianomanchuck made excellent videos about PX-S3000 (and other Casios, look it up in case you didn't see it), and this one compares the 2 instruments, mention it's limitations / improvements etc.