Video Files on Forum ×

Trigger pad .wav sample load issue - sound being cut at 3 seconds

eccecceecc

Hi, I recently bought a Casio MZ-X500 and I just figured out how to import .wav samples into the instrument's 16 trigger pads. But I have an annoying issue here: every .wav file I import is limited to 3 seconds only. I'm trying to have some kind of a thunderous, reverbered drum sound to be played by one of the trigger pads, but I can't do it if the sound is cut at 3 seconds (the original sound is about 15 seconds long).

Is there some way to extend the playback time? The "Sample Edit" function is blocked when I load .wav files.

3 seconds is max for most short pad samples 9 seconds is max for long pad samples.  You can use the MZ-X sample manager software to create a user wave tone from your prepared samples.  Also keep in mind a common trick for extending sample time, speeding up the original sample with a wave editor like audacity, then load that into the keyboard and tune the sample speed back down to original pitch.  You may not need that when creating a user wave tone, as it can accept fairly long samples.