Video Files on Forum ×

How do I make that sound with a PX-S3000

Patrick Doyle

Does anybody mind if we play another round of "How do I make that sound"?

Is anybody here familiar with "Hungry Like a Wolf" by Duran Duran?

If you're familiar with it, and you have a PX-S3000, do you have any advice as to how I could make that arpeggiated synth sound in the background at the beginning of the song?  Which arpeggio pattern should I use?  Which synth sound?

I've never tried the arpeggiator on my 's3000 (or any other keyboard, for that matter).  I'm still overwhelmed by all of the features available to me, but this sounded like a good chance to get to know this feature.

Thanks.

--wpd

• Like 1

Hi, there!

Well, we are very limitated here. Unfourtanely the PSX-3000 was not made for this purpose. As far as I know the arpeggios patterns can't be edited like so many other things. So you must use one that makes the "random" up's and down's notes like the music. Another "quest" is to find the correct tone to use with the pattern. It must be very "dry". Maybe the knob function assigned to a envelope (#4) helps to solve this.

And... if all of this fails, you can make the exactly arpeggio in your favorite DAW, export to a midi file (don't forget to follow all the settings explained in the user manual) and play it into the PSX-3000, while you play other tone. 

Regards!