Video Files on Forum ×

Technical issue that bothers me

Jay C

Hi

I hope I am in the right forum for this, and that someone can explain this to me :)

I've been recording my audio from PX-5S via an audio interface to my DAW software for a new song. For this recording I used the factory stage setting 7-2 "KeyUp ReedS3".

First, I tweaked the quality of the sound from keyboard using the sliders and knobs. It worked out fine and I could commence recording.

Later I wanted to make a new recording for this song in order to replace the first one. Again I used the sliders and knobs on the PX-5S. Only this time when I pushed

Slider S1 (that controls distortion gain & distortion level) upwards not only did the sound become more distorted it also became significantly louder, as the volume output is

also increased. In fact the Peak "warning light" on my audio interface was on. Why?

When I activate the "monitor" setting in my DAW software this problem occurs. As soon as I deactivate "monitor" in the DAW - no problem.

Also, when I just play the PX-5S using headphones alone there is no problem either - Slider S1, then only makes the sound more or less distorted, but not louder.

I've initialized my PX-5S to see if that solves the problem. It still persists.

So, is the increase of distortion gain and distortion levels supposed to raise the volume level as well? 

Thanks in advance :)

Here are my observations.  Moving slider 1 on stage setting 7-2 "KeyUp ReedS3" increases distortion and maintains similar loudness, mainly at each end of slider travel.  If the slider stops in the middle of travel, it might be a little bit louder, but it shouldn't he significantly louder.  I'm not sure why that would be happening in your setup.  The slider is offsetting DSP output level in order to compensate for the increased gain that drives the distortion effect. You'll see the display show gain and level changing as you move the slider.