Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTK7300 WK7700?

Does any one know if there will be a sequel to these two keyboards in the next year? I currently have the CTK700 as my gigging keyboard and was wondering if I should wait it out. Looking back I should have bought the xwp1 but I passed up on it because it did not have speakers. I like the pro arrangers but they are currently a little out of my range. The xwp1 with more polyphony would be cool too if there is a sequel to that. I like the extra functions of the CTX5000 but did not consider it because of no drawbars. I do like that it has 2 layers on both splits and extra style variation. 

Casio generally makes new product announcements twice a year.  The next one isn't until January 2021.  Nothing is known before that time.  Once a new product is announced, (in the US) it takes a couple of months to become available and ship to customers.  At best, you're looking at spring 2021 before you could get your hands on anything new, if what you wanted was announced in January.  It could be a very long wait.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Casio generally makes new product announcements twice a year.  The next one isn't until January 2021.  Nothing is known before that time.  Once a new product is announced, (in the US) it takes a couple of months to become available and ship to customers.  At best, you're looking at spring 2021 before you could get your hands on anything new, if what you wanted was announced in January.  It could be a very long wait.  

Thanks for the info. It they come out with a new one I may swap it for my 7200. Yamaha is tempting me right now also with new psr keyboards. I may wait it out to see what casio does.