Video Files on Forum ×

import sounds

Smorty

The CTX series does not support sample expansion.  The user tone slots are for storing edited preset tones.  You can press the edit button on a preset tone, edit various settings and save it to one of the user locations.  For using your own wave files, you can always connect your CTX as a MIDI keyboard to computer software that can work with samples.  

On 10/13/2020 at 8:07 PM, Brad Saucier said:

The CTX series does not support sample expansion.  The user tone slots are for storing edited preset tones.  You can press the edit button on a preset tone, edit various settings and save it to one of the user locations.  For using your own wave files, you can always connect your CTX as a MIDI keyboard to computer software that can work with samples.  

Hi Brad can you name some of computer software that can work with samples ? how do they work with CTX3000? I wish to play some oriental drum sound that are not available in CTX do you know if this can  be done through software ? 

9 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

You can use DAW software with a sampling virtual instrument.  I've used one included with Cakewalk called DropZone.  It takes a little to learn programming it, but it works well.

In this case the sampled sound will be played by CTX ? I tried to add virtual instrument track to  midi file but there is no way to assign CTX as output to that track. I am using Cakewalk too

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Can you clarify what you are doing?  Are you editing a MIDI file?  Or playing your keyboard live?

Yes I am recording a MIDI file. I record the tracks separately. I need to play some drum sounds that are unavailable in CTX.  

5 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Your sequencer drum track in Cakewalk will need to output to the virtual instrument , not the CTX.  

Thanks for the reply Brad! In this case do i hear the sampled drum sound from CTX speaker or the PC ? I wish to hear it from CTX speaker so that I can record my audio file with sampled sound ! does CTX play a sound that is not in its data base ? 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Any virtual instrument VST sound is generated by your computer.  You'll need to combine that audio with your CTX audio.  You can do that any number of ways, but I would simply use Cakewalk to record everything as audio tracks.  

i dont have any experience with Audio recording in Cakewalk. Do you know of any tutorial videos that explains how to record Audio using Keyboard ? the issue is i dont know how to sync Virtual drum with Audio from Keyboard to match the beats ! 

Also In this case do I need to save the midi file on Flash and play it from keyboard ? DAW may not be able to play midi and record audio at the same it