Video Files on Forum ×

PX-360M Chord Indication

Casionator

HI everyone

I recently bought myself a PX-360M and so far I am very happy with it. One of the reasons I bought it is that it indicates the chords played when ACCOMP is activated, a function my old Technics-Keyboard used to have as well. The reason is that I am still a (self-teaching) beginner, and making sure I play the right notes, especially in more complex chords (7th, dim, 9, 13, etc + inversions thereof) is crucial.

The only problem I have with the PX-360 is that I cannot get a Piano-only sound whilst playing a chord when ACCOMP is active, I always have a secondary string-sound, which I do not really want.

What I have tried so far:

-  setting the Chord Input Type to "Full Range" (so that the chords are indicated on the entire piano)

- Turned Auto-Harmonize and Auto-Chord ON/OFF

- I've tried disabling all other voices except the piano in the Mixer (on all Channels A,B and C), but that results in only the base note of the chord being played. If only a single note is played, the piano remains mute.

- tried split with various split points and turned off Lower 1, Lower 2 and Upper 2

I've gone through the manual too, but I didn't find anything that'd help solve this issue.

Does anyone know how to get Piano only whilst playing chords? Any help is highly appreciated.

You should be able to put a piano tone in upper 1, then go to mixer port A and turn off parts 11, 12, 13, and 14.  Press the red part number buttons to turn them off. You should then be left with the piano sound in upper 1 and no other sounds while also showing chords on the main screen with accompaniment ON and full range chord selected.

• Thanks 1