Video Files on Forum ×

Apple Mainstage for PX-560

m1court

• 1 year later...

This is partly working for me - what is not working is to get the mac to route the sound back through the USB cable to the keyboard so that Mainstage sounds can come from the same output (and not just from the Mac headphone jack). On other keyboards, there is an output choice automatically listed on Mainstage, but I do see the PX-560 there.

Anyone know a way to make Mainstage send the audio output back via the USB cable to the PX-560?

On 12/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, Brad Saucier said:

That is not possible.  The USB connection on the PX-560 is for MIDI only, not audio.  You will need to use a standard audio cable for audio.  

Thanks, Brad!  (so it is unlike my old numacompact, okay) In that case, there are some options. Should I take the output from the headphone jack and run it into the PX-560 Audio-In Jack?
Or should I connect a USB-to-audio cable to the Audio-In Jack (and tell the mac somehow to send sound out that way)?  Or do I need to buy an audio interface?

macbook замечательно работает с 560. Подключение - 2х 3,5 мм кабель ——- выход mac 3,5 мм => вход 3,5 мм в 560 Aux in. Тогда не будут  помехи и шум. А так же не будут работать на mainstage эффекты от Касио,   громкость на панели.  Громкость сзади рядом с гнездом aux in

2)   3.5 mm x 2 (6.3 mm)  in line. 

Могут быть помехи от  кабеля usb    или  hub.   

вкладка Midi-  local  one/off

вкладка  tone— off all tone

open  вкладка  mixer 

port A—-  one/off  tone Privia

port C —  off/one  chanel mainstage AU Synth

Mainstage- tone Privia (add external  instr ch 1-16) +  arpeggio appel  == very super!  and Layer Roland Cloud synth

Так же замечательная программа for Ipad -  Keystage.

Pro vers.—    download *.inst  file msb lsb    Privia 560 in dropbox.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 6:54 PM, kap said:

Should I take the output from the headphone jack and run it into the PX-560 Audio-In Jack?

yes.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:54 PM, kap said:

Or should I connect a USB-to-audio cable to the Audio-In Jack (and tell the mac somehow to send sound out that way)?  Or do I need to buy an audio interface?

there's no such thing as a USB-to-audio cable like that... USB is digital, the audio input is analog, you need something with a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), i.e. an audio interface. But the headphone out (which uses the DAC built into the Mac) should be fine.