Video Files on Forum ×

AmpSpeaker for CGP-700

LenxBob

I only use my CGP-700 at home, but agree that the sound with all six speakers isn’t that great. It just doesn’t come across nearly as ‘rich’ as it does with headphones which are a nuisance. I tried reversing the speakers against a wall, but still disappointing. Has anyone added a keyboard amp/speaker for home use that makes a significant difference? I was looking at the Behringer Ultratone K900FX - pricey, but seems to offer lots of features that might make the keyboard sound more enjoyable. Any other suggestions for an amp system?

Headphones generally sound very rich with Casio's grand piano sounds.  High quality monitors is the best bet for external speakers.  Anything with plenty of power, can be spread out to make a good stereo field (it's the wide stereo field that makes grand piano sounds rich), and has a full range and accurate flat response, is a good choice.  Studio monitors are usually very nice.  Many powered PA speakers sound great, like those from QSC or even Alto TS series.  Having said that, you wanna make sure your Casio is setup correctly first.  The CGP-700 has external speakers in the stand which help it sound better than typical portable digital pianos, but the settings must be correct in order to enable those additional speakers.  Press menu and go to system settings.  Double check that 'external speaker' is turned ON.  If this is off, it won't sound as nice.

Thanks for your suggestions, Brad. So something like the Presonus Eris 3.5” near field monitor speakers set up with a wide spread for best stereo effect should work. (Will get the Bluetooth version to also use for music on my MacBook Air and IPad.)

Edited by LenxBob
Update which model speaker

WOW!!! What a difference the PreSonus Eris E3.5 BT speakers make. Just arrived, set them up on my CGP-700, and was blown away. My keyboard now sounds better than it did with headphones. Brad ... I can’t thank you enough for steering me toward a pair of studio monitors. I haven’t even played around with the controls yet, but just out of the box they sound fantastic. This will make playing so much more enjoyable. I got them off of Amazon. Now that I know they work, I’ll order speaker stands.

• Like 1