Video Files on Forum ×

Downloading sounds

TomK

I'm trying to download my first forum PX5S sounds. I've downloaded 3 different ZPF files to a flash drive, mounted it, selected Load, Stage setting, and I get "ERROR, no file". I reformatted the flash drive on the PX5S, that didn't help. I updated the keyboard firmware, no change. 

The editor can be used as well.  Since you are using a flash drive, I mentioned the "MUSICDAT" folder.  It is necessary for data files to be placed inside of a folder on the flash drive in order for the PX-5S to find them.  The folder name must be MUSICDAT.  You can create this folder yourself, or the PX-5S will do it for you if you format the drive there first.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Are you asking about installing on the keyboard, or the process of downloading from the forums to your computer?  

Is there a forum posting that describes the process for uploading and saving sounds posted to the forum?

Steve

Installing on the keyboard.  Looking at the Tone list in the manual, I see there are open file numbers for User tones.  I'd like to try uploading from a thumb drive.  Your info about re: creating s MUSICDAT fold on the drive is very helpful.  Will I be prompted on where to save the sound?  Does the file extension indicate the type of file? That is, is a xxx.ZLT a tone file, XXX.ZPF a Stage preset?  

Got it.  So when loading stage settings, I just choose a bank and one of the stage settings (00-09) to save to.  And for loading tones, I press the hex layer button, then media and if for example, I want to load the EQ&#39:d Piano.ZTN, I can scroll the thumb drive list to find and select the file, then save it to one of the Piano User tone 20-39?  And to use this tone, I would just pull it up in an existing Piano stage setting.  The PX5s is a great performance keyboard. I play some gigs with a show band, no time between tunes to search for patches. I can get through a show with 4 or 5 Stage settings.  I have some splits (piano/string, clav/strings, rhodes/synth, organ/piano) and a piano setting with string, syn and pad layers that use the sliders as volume control.  The only thing missing is a CC function for expression pedal which would be really handy for the organ/piano split.  I guess I'll have to look into the midi workaround.