Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350M Midi Controller to FL Studio 20 Fail

Spreiter

Hello, 

I am attempting to use my PX-350M as a Midi controller with FL Studio 20. I am currently connecting a cable with a type B USB end to the back of my keyboard, to the type A USB port on my computer. When I set everything up and enable the connection in FL Studio, it states that the connection is a 'fail,' and then the following message pops up: "The device is probably used by another application. Alternatively, there may not be enough memory available." 

I have tried closing all other applications, restarting FL, selecting between a variety of controller types (generic controller is the one I was told to use, but it still does not work.) Am I not connecting my keyboard to the computer in the correct way? Am I supposed to do anything further to get my keyboard set up as a controller? Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Thank you!

Which computer operating system are you using? This is a rather odd message-as connecting the PX350 (I have used it as a midi controller) does not use any memory-the only software that is supposed to install is a Windows USB driver, if that is what you are using which takes next to no memory at all and is part of the operating system, should install automatically as soon as you connect your USB cable. 

The only thing you need to do to use the PX350 as a simple midi controller is to set the midi out channel you wish to use to record each track. I forget the button sequences without mine in front of me. Make sure you connect everything before you start FL Studio. Once FL boots, it is supposed to automatically detect the Casio USB device-I don't use FL anymore-but I think you look in settings or preferences to see if it is detecting your USB Casio connection. Sounds like the USB driver might have already connected, FL Studio recognized it, Windows installed it but the driver might have "hung" or froze in FL Studio, and if you start it again-it might throw out a message like this-since it is trying to load the driver again-and it never was "released" by Windows the first time so it is conflicting-just a guess.

When you describe a "generic"controller-is this being requested by FL Studio? It should not need to request anything. The only software that might not have enough memory when starting up would be FL Studio, although unless you have an ancient computer-an old P4 Pentium or earlier with Windows XP or Vista-this should not be happening. The only other thing i can think of-FL Studio itself is "hanging"-Windows has a peculiar habit of not "releasing"-that is completely shutting down software-it may still be running in the background even though it appears to be gone from your screen-iif t isn't-this could also generate a message like this. And computers were supposed to make our lives easier!