Video Files on Forum ×

CDP-S100 action compared to CDP-135

JHrn

Hi!

I was able to try a CDP-S100 on a store, and while it did feel good overall, I confirmed the issues of the different weight on black keys, and also the difficulty of playing deeper into the keys. The keys also "wiggle" horizontally more than other pianos I tried. So I thought of buying the older CDP-135.

Some online stores are still selling CDP-135, but there's none available to try anymore where I live. On videos, I like the sound of the 135 much more than the S100, but I'm afraid of buying it without testing first. Because maybe the action is worse than the S100...

So, can anyone here who has used both models give me some info about how different their actions feel? Are the issues I mentioned about the S100 present on the 135 as well?

One of my students has a CDP-135 and I've owned the CDP-230. Keys are definitely full-length, full size equal volume on both black and white keys, same action on both 135 and 230. Pretty solid from side to side-didn't feel loose to me at all. I also have a PX350 and 560. Same size keys as those-the CDP even feels a little firmer, stiffer but not overly so, Actually quite good, I was surprised as these were the older more "budget" Casio digital pianos.  Very solidly made-after a year, I feel no difference in key noise or action on either. Just lack the tr-sensor action of the more expensive PX Privias. The 135 and 230 use the AHL sound engine for the piano, just as the newer CTK/WK keyboards.

Thanks Jokeyman123! It's good to know a teacher likes the action of these models.

I still can't decide though. On one hand the CDP-S100 has textured keys and the same, newer action of more expensive PX models... on the other, it seems there's much less complaints about the action of the older CDP series...

• 3 months later...

I have te CDP-135 for more than two years, is a must buy piano for starting and more, amazing quality sound. 
By other way has an amazing improve in sound quality if you change the power adapter to 6A or more. 100% recomended. Casio must do this...

• 2 years later...

I have owned a Williams Overture a Yamaha stage piano and a Korg B1 and now a Casio CDP135..I think the Korg had the best sound but with absolutely bare connectivity it cancelled our the good sound...the William Overture was my first piano and I liked it but maybe didn't sound as good as the Korg...the Casio has a great feel with graded hammer action keys but I'm not sure I like the sound to me it sounds a little plastic...idk I'm still getting used to it as it is my current piano...the Yamaha stage piano was the best overall however the keys didn't all work and I had to by the rubber strip and circuit boards for 16 keys and repair the unit..plus it didnt have speakers