Video Files on Forum ×

Reverb, chorus, delay presets on ct-x

Guys, does anyone have a guide, or any documentation about the details of the effect presets ? I am a beginner, and haven't used them before, and couldn't find anything in the manual with more detail about the presets. An example is the various chorus presets, and the difference between halls 1-7 in reverb. I played with them and set them by ear, but I would like to know if there's some info about which presets are supposed to have what kind of an effects on the sound.

No descriptions are available, but you can look at other Casio models with fully programmable effects to get an idea of things that can be different between presets. For example, the differences in reverb can be in depth of the effect, timing (length of decay), dampening (high frequency roll-off), early reflection (shorter echoes from nearby objects), and tone (brightness).  You can download the PX-5S tutorial manual to read all of the parameters for each effect.  That will give you an idea of what's going on in the CTX presets.

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

No descriptions are available, but you can look at other Casio models with fully programmable effects to get an idea of things that can be different between presets. For example, the differences in reverb can be in depth of the effect, timing (length of decay), dampening (high frequency roll-off), early reflection (shorter echoes from nearby objects), and tone (brightness).  You can download the PX-5S tutorial manual to read all of the parameters for each effect.  That will give you an idea of what's going on in the CTX presets.

Ohh good, I'll take a look at them