Video Files on Forum ×

Changing volume of track in edit song

Gonvise

Hello, I'm going crazy with this, help please.

I have recorded a song with rythmn and three tracks. I want modify the volume of track 3. well...

1. song selected

2. long push edit to enter edit song (display song)

3. long push part/mixer to enter mixer

4. push part/mixer (light on), push +/yes and select "1-8 Song Solo"

5. push part/mixer (light off)

6. select track3 with right cursor

7. select volume with down cursor

8. modify volume with dial

9. exit, exit

Result-> No volume change of track 3!!!! what am I doing wrong? If I change this from general mixer, without enter edit song mode, it works, but the volume resets at restart.

Do you listen to the track when you change the volume of the track?
When listening, the volume does not change immediately, you change the volume, changes to the midi data are saved in the track, when you listen again, you can already hear that the volume has changed.

If the volume does not change, there is probably only one reason, you are trying to edit the wrong track.

• Like 1

The sequencer (Casio CTX3000 / 5000) also has an interesting feature, if you select a recording with overdub mode, then enter the mixer, start recording, but we do not write notes, but change, for example, the parameters of the controllers: volume, pan, reverb, chorus or delay, Then the sequencer records all controller changes in real time. That is, you can very simply make some effects, sound attenuation, sound movement in a pan, sound expansion, by adding chorus. It is a pity that the cutoff and resonance controllers were not added to the mixer, it would be just super.

3 hours ago, casio_style said:

Do you listen to the track when you change the volume of the track?
When listening, the volume does not change immediately, you change the volume, changes to the midi data are saved in the track, when you listen again, you can already hear that the volume has changed.

If the volume does not change, there is probably only one reason, you are trying to edit the wrong track.

Yes, I know that the change is not listen, I exit of the mixer and edit mode, but no changes. I am editing the solo track 3, i'm sure.

2 hours ago, Gonvise said:

Yes, I know that the change is not listen, I exit of the mixer and edit mode, but no changes. I am editing the solo track 3, i'm sure.

Changes to the track volume can be heard during editing without leaving the mixer. Change the volume level and press play and listen, if the volume does not correct, then again changed and listened again ...
Can you drop your song file here? It will be interesting to see what the matter is.

7 hours ago, Gonvise said:

Hello, I'm going crazy with this, help please.

I have recorded a song with rythmn and three tracks. I want modify the volume of track 3. well...

1. song selected

2. long push edit to enter edit song (display song)

3. long push part/mixer to enter mixer

4. push part/mixer (light on), push +/yes and select "1-8 Song Solo"

5. push part/mixer (light off)

6. select track3 with right cursor

7. select volume with down cursor

8. modify volume with dial

9. exit, exit

Result-> No volume change of track 3!!!! what am I doing wrong? If I change this from general mixer, without enter edit song mode, it works, but the volume resets at restart.

And still check, when you get to step 6, which mixer you are in, the  song system or the  song solo. This can be found on the display, under the channel numbers, there are inscriptions: song system ,song solo.

Is it possible you changed the volume setting while you were in the middle of doing the editing/recording of the notes in track 3?  I think that would insert volume change events into the track, and that might prevent the master volume in the mixer from having an effect.   If so, the only way I know of to get rid of those events is to start over.

• 3 years later...
24 minutes ago, Neal Wyms said:

My mixer isn't effecting the song mix at all... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either.  I want to bring all my tracks down below the drums but don't hear them moving 

On the CT-X3000, press Song Bank and select the song to edit. Long press the function button to enter song editing mode. Long press the Part Mixer button to enter the mixer. Make any changes to the parts you want to adjust and press exit. System track uses the "song system" mixer parts. Solo tracks use the "Song Solo" mixer parts.