Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X3000/5000 questions

FlashyEagle8

Just new here, wanted to know the basics functions of this keyboard.

1. How to save a tone (or layered tone) on a "Bank" or in a slot of the 16 slots sequencer (that has Casio CT-X5000) ?

=> i have thought, that u could save it on Registry, but Presets (Piano, Organ etc) were already registered !

So, how to delete the Registry 2 (Organ), and Create your own preset instrument on it ?

2.   For creating a song, i dont understand how u should proceed ?
      a) does a song consists of many "Phrases" that you add in a sequently order ?
      b) does "Phrase" is a part of song where u can record the Left hand, then come back for the Right hand ?
         Like, u can create, then modify those parts as long as u want ? Or is it recorded just once ?

3. When u created your song, can u record/save somewhere in the Keyboard ?

a) how to proceed for that ?  (coz got many ideas, and want to save them, so i can freed my mind for new ideas and keep working safely)

3. For layered-tones, how many banks can u use simultaneously while you are playing ?

coz was thinking of using (Piano+string) Bank 1, (Guitar+Bass) Bank 2 and (Vocals+Saxophone) Bank 3

Is it possible ? 

and ofc, could i just use Bank 1 & 2, then switch to 3, and do just Bank 1 & 3 ?

====> Just asking those for Banks, coz in my Old Yamaha, u had 16 Bank Slots, ( 8 dedicated for Drum kits Accomp, and the other remaining 8 Banks where for your USE ). Then within those 8 banks offered, u could only select a maximum of 3 Banks simultaneoustly
All u had to do, is simply  press the 3 Bank (sequencer main panel) and just play.

So, was wandering if you could have a similar system with the Casio CT-X5000

Need your Help, and just feel free to post useful advices, THANKS !

I moved your post to your own thread.  That helps keep the forum organized.  

1) You mentioned sequencer, but your question appears to be about registrations.  Can you clarify?  You can simply store a new registration over an old one.  No need to delete.

2) A phrase is a short 1 track midi recording, up to 16 measures long.  Phrases are primarily intended to be used in conjunction with a live performance, to aid the player with parts that may otherwise be difficult for one person to play.  

To midi recorder is used for recording full songs.  It has 2 record options.  Option 1, you can record from scratch, one track at a time. 16 solo tracks will record in real time.  Each solo track records only the upper 1 tone.  The other option is the 17th "system" track.  Sys track is capable of recording a a full live keyboard performance into a single track, including upper and lower tones (splits and layers), full auto accompaniment, phrases, and auto harmonize.  

3. With Casio products, a "registration" is a snapshot of the keyboard settings at the moment you store them.  Recalling a registration simply recalls the settings you had at a previous point in time.  All registration memory slots are equally capable of storing settings.  You can always switch between various registrations during a performance.  128 registrations slots are available.  They are arranged in sets of 8 each, each set called a bank, due to having only 8 buttons available.  

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Ho, for topics, i'm just new in this Forum, didnt know how functions the Organisation, neither getting notification or follower feature to let me know about Feedbacks ! NVM thanks for having settled all good, Brad !

1. Yes, registration (just called it a "Bank")

2. Phrases, are like strophes, verses that makes up a song, got it !

Now, can u create a phrase with Left hand and come back on that one, to add your Right Hand ?

3. Registration are just for "settings" or for tones or for phrases that u created ?

For Recording,

I.(a) Is there a way to record something within the Casio CT-X5000 before "Recording Inlive with PreSonus ?
  (b) can i still record "TEMP file" through my USB Flash connected to Keyboard ?

II. (a) Does Casio Music Forums handles topics about "Audio Interface", such as PreSonus ?

(b) IF Casio Music Forum doesnt support "Audio Interfaces", where would u recommend me to go, to have help from it ?

III. User Tone
    A/ i've created a user tone (reverb, etc etc) successfully up to No Name01
    B/ on video tutorial says, "Press Rec/stop" and should appear "User Tone" on display, 

But all i got are  RecTrk01, 02, 03

C/ My Tone is still registered in the Keyboard under #800 to #900 (users banks)

D/ When creating a Tone, can u layer it with an another one ?

IV. Turning OFF the "Shut Down after 30mns"

A. I've selected "NO" to change it into "ON" then I Pressed ENTER > EXIT

After 30mns, my keyboard turned OFF

HOW to Validate a Setting that u created ?

2. I'm not sure if overdubbing is possible with phrases.  

3. Tones are phrases are stored in separate user memory locations.  Registrations only remember keyboard settings on the CTX series.  

I. You can record using the midi recorder and save that to flash drive as SMF format.

II. You can try posting in our member lounge.

III. Press and HOLD the button to rename the tone.  Tone editing cannot layer tones.

IV.  "Auto Power OFF" is the literal function.  You want to turn OFF this function, not turn it ON.  

2. ok, no overdubbing !

3. tones and phrases still saved, ok !

I. for flash drive, it get saved as MIDI, unde SMTF, is it a good quality Temp file like a .mid or better ? 

II. For PreSonus, i'll try @ place u suggested me !

III. Press and Hold the Button ! ikr but which one ?  the Record/Stop ?

Where's the Rename button, and how to get the Letters Pad, to type a Name ?

IV. I tried it 2hrs ago, and it worked !   Sorry, i miss-explained it was ON, and switched to "OFF" 

so after 30mns, my keyboard was still ON !

Thanks all clear, except [III]

Yes, thanks for ur Video, it will help !

However, from the Casio Music Youtube (8 Chapters), where it shows u how to do it, it shown all the steps, but quite quickly and not so clear, coz i played back like 10x the "Ending" process in Naming my new Tune's File !

Anyway, thanks for fast feedback, Brad ! O.O !

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Panda and Cub said:

Super simple question I hope... we are want to play a homemade sequence and get it off the ctx3000 onto Garageband on a MacBook. How do we do this please?

Assuming you used the song recorder, you can save it to a flash drive as a midi file.  See the section in the manual on USB flash drive operations for more details. Select MltR SMF as the save type.

9 hours ago, Panda and Cub said:

Super simple question I hope... we are want to play a homemade sequence and get it off the ctx3000 onto Garageband on a MacBook. How do we do this please?

first, if u wana record u need an Audio Interface, your Casio and Computer and then plug them together, so it functions.
Then, within ur computer you will need some Music Maker (StudioOne, Abletton, Reaper) to record with, so u get u song.wav. Until then, you can edit, mix, render and master ur song, so you've produced your home-made song !

4 hours ago, Panda and Cub said:

Thanks guys we shall give it a shot!

add-up : make sure that from your Casio, the sound is switched OFF, either through Settings>Speakers OFF or simply by inserting an Audio Jack (with or without Headphones) on your PHONES socket from Casio !
But the Sound will still be diffusing through Casio Master Volume, but u'll hear the sound Directly from your Audio Interface, which is of course, that your Headphone + Audio Jack plugged into ur Audio Interface !

That really helps if u dont want to annoy your neighbours from your Building  😂

So far, u're ready to do ! Good luck
and you're most welcome for the help !