Video Files on Forum ×

CDP-S350 Video Tutorials

My introductory guide to the CDP-S350's multi-track recorder just went up on the main Casio Music Gear channel. It's really quick and easy to put together song demos on the S350, and I hope this tutorial inspires some of you guys to try it out for yourselves.

I'll have more CDP-S350 song mode tutorials coming out in the near future, so stay tuned for those. If there are any other topics you'd like to see covered in future tutorials, feel free to let me know here, or in the comments section of the YouTube video. Thanks for watching!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, absolutely. You can also put in tempo changes, or switch to different Rhythm styles altogether. Sometimes I'll record with a simple placeholder Rhythm at first, and then later swap it out for the one I actually want to use. Trance is a good choice for a placeholder, it's just a simple "4 on the floor" bass drum hit for the Normal variant.

I kept it simple in this video because it's an introductory guide, but future videos will go into more detail and cover more advanced functionality.

• 4 weeks later...

The first three parts of my CT-X700/X800 Song Mode tutorial series have been released over on the main Casio Music Gear channel. Although this series is primarily from the viewpoint of CT-X700 owners, it was written such that a lot of this information will still apply to the CDP-S350 (a very similar model in terms of features and interface).

The fourth part of the series (coming soon) will cover advanced multitrack recording tips and tricks, and a good chunk of those videos will be filmed using the CDP-S350, so definitely stay tuned for those videos in the near future.

I have linked the full series playlist below, but CDP-S350 owners will specifically want to watch Parts 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-5, 3-1, 3-3 and 3-4 to avoid the material that only applies to the CT-X models.

@Brad Saucier Do you think it would be best to rename this topic "CDP-S350 Video Tutorials"? That way I can just keep updating this (pinned) topic whenever I release tutorial content for the S350 in the future instead of making a new thread for each new video.

• Like 2

• Chandler Holloway changed the title to CDP-S350 Video Tutorials
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, MikeBenza said:

About "Multi Rec" on CDP s350 (in the 1st video on top) can I save or export it like a midi file? If not, is there a software that can do this?

Yes, recordings can be saved to USB flash drive as standard MIDI files.  Press function and go to media> save to do that, select "MltR SMF" as the format.   "User Rec" is a Casio proprietary format which stores CDP-S350 specific data, like auto accompaniment, splits and layers, etc.