Video Files on Forum ×

Sound Module App not playing through PX 560M speakers

JamesB

Does the PX 560 work with the new Korg Module app? I connected it with my iPad and the only sounds I heard were from the PX560 through my iPad speakers. there were no sounds through the 560 speakers. How can I connect the two so both sounds are projected through the keyboard speakers and not the iPad? Thanks

Does the PX 560 work with the new Korg Module app? I connected it with my iPad and the only sounds I heard were from the PX560 through my iPad speakers. there were no sounds through the 560 speakers. How can I connect the two so both sounds are projected through the keyboard speakers and not the iPad? Thanks

Does anyone know how to hook up an iPad Pro with the PX560 so sounds from DAW apps will play through the speakers. I have a non-powered USB hub plugged in to the iPad but no sounds are playing through the speakers. What other cables or connectors do I need, and is there a USB all in one that would be best for this issue? It appears I may have to buy another USB Hub that is powered, has an audio line in and line out, but not sure, because I am very limited in understanding audio connections and interfaces. Thanks!

Brad,

My iPad is a 2020 version and does not have an audio or headphone jack. I purchased a USB hub to connect to the iPad and then connected the USB from the PX560M to the hub through one of the ports. The hub does have a 3.5 m jack. Would I need to connect a cable from the 3.5 to the audio input on the PX560M? 

Also, what channel do I need to communicate with the Korg App or the R 275 app? It does not appear the two are talking to each other.

Thanks!

JamesB

10 hours ago, JamesB said:

Would I need to connect a cable from the 3.5 to the audio input on the PX560M?

Yes.  

As far as channels, in system MIDI settings on the PX, you can set keyboard channel to any of the 16 channels.  This sets upper 1 to send on that channel.  I'm not familiar with the apps you mentioned, so I can't speak to what is required for the apps.

I'm not aware of any specific tutorials.  The channel assignments on the PX-560 are pretty straightforward.  Upper 1 is assignable by setting the keyboard channel in MIDI settings as I mentioned.  The other parts are fixed, upper 2 = channel 2, lower 1 = ch 3, lower 2 = ch 4.  The manual has a chart showing channel assignments for every part.

• Like 1