Video Files on Forum ×

Casio gp300keyboard rattling and clunking noises ,very distracting and would like a fix, have not received any reply or help from Casio or dealers, live in Canada any suggestion's?

Hook

On 2/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, Hook said:

Casio gp300keyboard rattling and clunking noises

I have had the Casio GP 300 for 3 years now and some of the keys are just now rattling/clunky (technical term is bobbling or double-striding) most likely in the same manner as yours. How to describe this? After I depress/tap the affected key, the key reverberates/rattles back in place making a mechanical noise.  This can be very distracting during performance. I contacted Casio, and it took several weeks before Casio finally responded with an email. Casio provided me a list of Casio service providers throughout the U.S. by state. Luckily, there are two repair businesses in my city. Unfortunately, one service provider is backed up with work orders, and the other will get back to me after researching the GP-300 keyboard. I really love this piano. It was the most responsive, acoustic-like hybrid that I tried, and I tried every major brand. It is unfortunate, therefore, to have this issue arise. Casio states that the Grand Hybrid pianos have a 5-year warranty and a service technician  will come to the home to repair. I am hoping that this is a fixable problem and is considered a mechanical defect under warranty. I also hope to learn what to do to prevent this from happening again. My suggestions for you? You should fill out the form requesting repair on the Casio website. It will provide you with a customer number and an email contact after completing the form. Then, keep contacting them. My contact was through Casio America, Inc. Since you are in Canada, it is probably through a Canadian partnership. If more people find themselves with this issue, Casio should take this issue seriously and work to eliminate the problem before it arises.

• Like 1

Hi Bohemian, 

Where are you located and where did you purchase the GP-300? 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:27 PM, Bohemian said:

Casio states that the Grand Hybrid pianos have a 5-year warranty and a service technician  will come to the home to repair.

Yes, this is correct. Casio can arrange this although obviously in the last 11 months this has been a little challenging. Casio support is still all working from home which does add some delays in response time.  You can feel free to message me direct regarding this matter and we'll make sure that you get this fixed up while you're under warranty.  

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, Hook said:

Would love access to a service manual to be able to take keyboard apart and order and replace parts, I live 1800 miles from dealer so I am not taking it back.

Hook, sorry for the trouble feel free to message me directly and I'll work on getting you fixed up.

I need your serial number, the dealer where you purchased it and your location. 

Take care,

• Like 1