Video Files on Forum ×

lead sound vol vs rhythm vol help....

Cman

The rhythms I select sound fine when playing....but I have noticed that when I select different RH sounds many times they are TOO LOUD and over power the rhythm ...
I would like to know the best way to lower the RH sounds so that they balance in VOL with the rhythm on the fly.... is there a master vol control for RH sounds confused?

Thanx for any help

so in other words I would be bringing up the rhythm vol to balance against the lead sounds?

and one more question if I may ..... please excuse my ignorance but when I go into the function mode.......

I have trouble exiting out and back to the main screen>>> what button is the EXIT ? many times I have to power off and on again?

Brad thank you I now see the exit button...

As a singer when I am playing with a rhythm style I change sounds in my right hand quite often thruout the song.

I need to know that the VOL of the sounds when I change wont blare out too loudly and stay in the pocket and balanced with my song EVERY TIME....

would using registrations for the sounds setups help?...just trying to decide what is the best rout to take setting this KB up for performances.?

Registrations are an excellent way to handle complex keyboard setups, that's what they are intended for.  If you like to plan ahead, you can store favorite setups, or a song ready registration.  Personally I like to keep my favorite default registration in bank 1 slot 1.  That way I can always get back to home base with a button push if I ever need to.  

Hi Brad...What I was thinking was to use the reg slots for my favorite sounds after editing the volume levels

then while playing with whatever style just select one of the reg buttons to change sounds and be assured the volumes of each will ALWAYS be what I need....make sense or not?

When switching registrations, Accomp Volume does not necessarily revert back to default.  It changes to the stored value in each registration, which will be the default value if it was not adjusted before saving the registration.  Unfortunately the registration freeze filters do not include a setting for Accomp Volume. 

On 4/7/2021 at 3:31 PM, Just Alex said:

There is a topic about issues with CT-X series which you should read BEFORE buying, and there I mention that there is a problem with huge difference in different sound volumes.

Its a simple fix if they would just put a few Style, and Sound VOL sliders on Deck to use in real time to adjust and balance EACH

6 hours ago, Cman said:

Its a simple fix if they would just put a few Style, and Sound VOL sliders on Deck to use in real time to adjust and balance EACH

The simple fix already exists. If you have a precise volume balance in mind for tones during a performance, then save each tone set up as its own registration with its own mixer settings (volume, panning, reverb/chorus/delay effect depths).

The problem Alex is talking about has to do with the relative volume balance of some tones being off when they're selected normally through the tone menu. If you save each tone with the appropriate mixer settings as a Registration, you can switch between Registration slots to ensure that you always get the volume levels you want.

Plus, the CT-X3000 and X5000 have the ability to cycle through Registrations hands free using a foot switch pedal connected to the expression/assignable jack on the back panel. For a singer like you, that kind of hands free registration switching could be very useful. The manual calls this a "Registration Sequence", you can read more about it on page 70 of the manual.

I would also suggest reading the manual section on how to use the Mixer Menu, it starts on page 64. Brad gave you the easy solution of lowering the master Accomp volume in the Functions menu, but if you want to tweak the individual volume levels of all the sounds you're controlling (including the layered/split tones you have assigned to Upper1, Upper2, Lower1 and Lower2), you can do that in the mixer menu. Whatever settings you have configured in the mixer menu are saved and recalled along with your registration, so you have tons of fine control over the volume and effects levels of every sound you're controlling.

Combine that with the Registration pedal switching and you have all you need to make sure it all sounds perfect; no need to worry about adjusting volume levels in real time with a slider, you can just set it up beforehand and not have to worry about it while you're singing and playing.